We have great news! As of last week we have amazing news that our application was processed through the agency The Great Commission Foundation. We were informed that the processing time (the application process is quite extensive) would take 4-6 weeks, but thanks to God our application was accepted a few days after we applied. Thank you Jesus!
What An Agency Means For Us
I wrote here about why we are choosing to go with an agency, but here are a few more reasons.
- We have felt Gods nudge to go into a full time capacity to use our gifts to further his Kingdom. The primary project we will be working in the 2017 year is helping the Vineyard Church establish and better share their Child Sponsorship Program. The most immediate ways we will do this is through enhancing their websites, photo and video projects, brochures, etc. This is extensive work and we feel it is very much worth the tine we spend on it
- Many of you have been very generous to us over the last few years while we are in Mazatlan serving with the Vineyard Church. We thank you, and we could have not done this without you! You’ve donated gift cards for grocery stores, brought food to our home, home schooingl supplies, and donations to go towards flights to Mazatlan to mention just a few. Soon our agency will be able to issue official tax receipts to you for the work done through our ministry!
- Going to a Full time capacity will allow us to be able to continue our Ministry in the Spring when we come back from spending three months in Mazatlan. The Continuity will be more beneficial for the Vineyards Child Sponsorship Program to being established. We are very excited at the opportunity to partner with some really great people and make a difference in the world.
Our first large goal is to be able to get be in Mazatlan and work there for January, February, and March. We will be flying out in January, and we will need to fundraise for flights/travel, lodging/home costs (both countries, as renting our home in Langley is not longer an option). We know this is a large first goal, but we serve a Big God who supplies our needs when we need them.
I’ve been reading Joyce Meyers book – Live Courageously for a few weeks now, and I am still learning that if God is leading us and if we are obedient in that calling, that if he orders something, he pays for it!
I’ll keep you posted on how you can partner with us so we can help the Vineyard establish their ministry, until then please be praying for the following:
- We need to book flights in the next 8 weeks, please be praying that the right funds to come into place.
- Starting a full time ministry and working part time here in Langley for 2016 has been demanding to say the least, but we are excited for what God has in store for us. Please be praying that we receive the perfect work here in Langley that continues to help us build the ministry in 2017.
- Please be praying for our kids, as the principals of both schools have stated what we have been doing for our children education the last few years in Mazatlan has been awesome and to keep doing it. They see such value in our children spending time in another country. We made the decision to hire a part time tutor for Ben and Emily to guide them in their studies a few times a week while we both work full – time in Mazatlan. I have messaged with one gal in Mazatlan, but please be praying for the funding of that, and to find the right fit for the kids and our situation.
- As well, please let me know how we can be praying for you and your family.
Stay tuned for more updates as things take shape!
Jodi, Darryl, Ben and Emily.